Tuesday, April 19, 2011

P90X Day 15 - Push ups! Push ups! Nooo!

Confession time wife and I were HORRIBLE at dieting this weekend.  Horrible at saving money too.  It doesn't mean I'm giving up, it just means we stumbled.  Everybody stumbles.  Everyone loses willpower now and then.  For some people it's alcohol, drugs, ex's.  For us, it's going out to eat.  We just have to pick ourselves back up, dust off our pants and start walking again.  I have the rest of the week off, which is going to make it hard, but we're going to try.

Last night was Chest and Back again.  Last time until week 9. Not that I expect push ups to be gone for the next 6 weeks but, we'll see.  All my numbers improved again, either reps or weight.  I'm still trying to dial in my weight/reps for back flys however.  If you're doing this, start with light weights, it's tough.  To give you an idea of my improvements, since pictures aren't working yet (:P) I'll post some numbers

Pushups
Week 1 - 46
Week 2 - 70
Week 3 - 96

Pull ups (using bands)
Week 1 - 87
Week 2 - 116
Week 3 - 144


So as you can see, I'm in much better shape than 2 weeks ago. My cardio fitness is better, and I'm building up muscles.  Now to just keep this up until my B-day.  I just checked on the spreadsheet that comes with the program, and day 90 is ON my B-day!  Fun.

1 comment:

Kylarie said...

I haven't been all that great at exercise (at least you're all over the exercise) or food lately, but at least I've controlled it enough to stay about the same weight-wise. I have a number I told myself I wouldn't see again and so far it's held.

I'm having the same issue as you - eating out instead of at home. I just don't seem to want to make good decisions about where and what I eat. I know that part of this can be solved with a trip to the grocery store so we're going tonight, no matter what! No excuses, no procrastination.