Tuesday, May 31, 2011

P90X Day 57 - Back and Chest, plus

So, yesterday, was a very "good" day for me workout-wise.  Started off the day fixing drip out in the back yard.  Our dogs think drip is just the tastiest fricken stuff in the world.  So I spent at least an hour cutting PVC, replacing fixtures and running new hose.  And I'm still not done.  A little later the whole family went for a leisurely  ride around the hood, I broke off about the half-way point to cross the road and check out the new bike shop that opened up.  Very friendly people.  Drooled over some bikes not made out of solid lead.

Then last night went riding for the first time this season with my best friend.  21 miles in 1hr 45min.  Avg. speed 11.85mph.  Estimated calories burned, 1740  (not sure how much I believe that though)

Then I got home and did my Chest and Back P90X.  I must have drunk at LEAST a gallon of water last night.  And, for some reason, the pull-up bands were very hard last ngiht.  I thought they might be set up a little taunter, but my wife didn't notice much of a difference.  Maybe it was just from being wiped out from the ride.  We'll see.  So I didn't see as much improvement in my numbers as I had hoped, but there was improvement across the board.

I was originally going to try to ride 3x a week, but I think for now 2x is plenty.  Estimated calorie burn for yesterday was between 1800 and 2350. So there's some incentive to keep doing the riding too!

1 comment:

Lillian said...

You're awesome. I can't believe you did both the riding and the P90X last night. Keep this up and you'll have me beat in a couple weeks tops!