Thursday, May 12, 2011

P90X Day 38 - Ohh, you gotta take me home tonight.

"Who has tickets to the show? What show?  The gun show!" - Tony Horton, Back & Biceps workout.  The sad thing about the weight workouts, is the next day you don't feel like you can lift ANYTHING.  My arms are plain tuckered out today.  And yet I know when I work out tonight I'm going to have to do like 20 vinyasas.  Yay. Well despite having to switch the plates on my dumbbells every couple moves, I was able to increase either reps or weights on every exercise last night, some both. At this rate I'll have to bring in the 10lb plates soon.

Despite the slow rate of weight loss, and not being able to see the changes, I can at least feel some changes. And writing down my weight/reps gives me a record that SHOWS I'm making progress.  The wife says that my arms are looking good at least. At least I'll be a healthy fat man.

After 38 days, I think the workout HAS become a habit.  Even when I know it's going to suck, or I don't feel good.  I just keep popping the disc in and hitting play.  Now, I have yet to do the Ab Ripper.  I really should though.  Phase 2's two new workouts are just so killer.  I won't have a good excuse Friday, so I'm going to plan on doing it then.  Well, at least some of it!  LOL.  Last go-round it was tough on my back.  So we'll see how far I get.

1 comment:

Lillian said...

The Ab Ripper can be done. Just modify the crap out of it. Do your best and forget the rest. Even one or two exercises of the Ab ripper is better than none. You can do it!