Thursday, April 28, 2011

P90X Day 24 - Turning point?

Kempo again, and last night was the first night I made it through the whole workout without feeling like I was killing myself.  I was able to keep my form up and all of my strikes and kicks had at least a little energy behind them.  When I was done I thought, "Hey, I'm exhausted and dripping sweat, but I feel pretty good."

They say that it takes around 30 days to make a habit.  I'm getting close to that now with P90X.  I don't dread putting the discs in, (Though Core Synergystics and Ab Ripper X still scare me!)  If I can just keep this up a little while longer, and not hurt my back, I think I'll be golden on completing the first cycle.  Will I go for the second cycle?  I think so.  Even if I'm not losing a ton of weight, I think that I'm getting fitter.  P90X isn't supposed to be a workout for dropping weight (though any exercise is better for that than non)  It's about getting fit. I can't see how I'll look WORSE after 90 days of intense training.  And if I can keep from going on 4 day cabin benders, I think I should start dropping weight again.

Today the boss is taking us out to lunch to celebrate the retirement of one of the staff, so I brought a very lgiht breakfast, because who know what we'll be having, and tonight is just X-stretch.  No idea how many Cals. that burns off, but I'm guessing not a whole lot.

1 comment:

Lillian said...

You're doing great babe. I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work, you motivate me to continue my own P90X journey.