Friday, April 08, 2011

P90X Day 4

So yesterday was Yoga X.  I'll be honest.  I HATE the Yoga X workout.  I hate hearing the word Vinyasa.  It's just a sneaky way to make me do 2 slow motion push-ups.  I could probably live with that even, but then I'm expected to do all these weird stretchy balance things on 1 foot and 1 hand.  When the wife and I tried this before, yoga always stopped just before the 1/2 way point.  Just around Warrior Three pose. I stopped there last night, but I hit the fast forward to see what I was missing this time. Turns out I was only a few minutes away from "Last Vinyasa"  That made me stop.  I started up again and did all the balancing poses.

I did skip out on some of the 'ab' strengthening poses, because I have to take the ab area slowly.  Last time I did Ab Ripper it messed up my back.  And I want to do this for 90 days, not 9.  So I got to see the end of the Yoga workout.

Truthfully, I don't get much out of Yoga yet.  I think a big part of it is I'm just too fat.  I can't do a lot of the moves that I'm supposed to, and my wrists just can't handle the strain of holding me in some of these poses. Also, my elbow is jacked up now.  I'm not sure if it's just delayed from the night before, or if Yoga X messed it up.  And I just don't think it's enough of a Calorie burner at this point. Until I'm down to a reasonable weight (probably next cycle) I'm going to replace it with one of the other workouts.  Probably Cardio X.  I'll post how that goes.

Ok, WARNING graphic pictures of my gut and moobs ahead, proceed at your own risk.  I've decided to post these, so I (and anyone reading this) can see the progress.  I don't have Day 0 shots, so day 4 will have to do.  I forgot to get a bicep shot, so forgive me. Pics after the Jump




No comments: