Tuesday, June 14, 2011

P90X Day 71 - Back and Chest

Yesterday was a day of ups and downs.  It was a Monday, which always makes for a long day.  I didn't get to go riding, some family things came up and got in the way of that. And my Ab ripper performance was miserable.
But, before the workout, I was actually able to do 2 honest to goodness chin-ups and 1 real pull-up!  I can't even remember the last time I was able to do pull-ups.  So something MUST be working.  It's the little things like that, that really help keep me motivated.  My wife has been complaining (mildly) about how slow her weight loss is on P90X, but then she tried on some smaller clothes and was blown away by how they fit.  It just goes to show that when you're doing a muscle building regiment that the scale isn't the end all be all judge.

As for Back and Chest, Chest and back,  I rocked it.  I did a lot more push-ups, on pullups I'm further away (more tension) and lower reps, trying to bulk out the muscles a bit.  On lawn mowers, I've pretty much maxed out my dumbbells, at 40lbs.  What I really need is about 200 more readers who are all willing to look at the ads on my pages! :P  There are a couple really nice dial-a-weight sets out there, but they all cost $300+ just not doable at this time.  Or I suppose if someone out there wants to donate 45+ lbs. dumbbells! HA!

Until tomorrow!

No comments: