Monday, May 23, 2011

P90X Day 47 & 48

So, I was lazy and didn't blog over the weekend again.  I haven't been feeling very good, so I kinda vegged out on that.  Friday night was Legs and Back.  And I started LATE, like REALLY late.  The school across the way had a carnival complete with a fireworks display.  I started hearing the pops, and decided to go outside and look for them.  They were up high enough to see so I interrupted my wife's workout to come see them.  While we were out, we noticed that neither of the dogs were pestering us.  We called and walked around and only Fi came over to us.  We searched the whole backyard and Lu was gone.  She could only have been gone a few minutes because my wife had seen her at the screen door when she was getting ready to work out, and she'd only been working out for 5-10minutes. I wasn't sure how she got out, but I jumped in the truck and started cruzing the hood.  I asked anyone who was out if they had seen a huge dog go by, and a few did, but the trail got cold a few blocks over.  I then parked the car at home and walked the entire neighborhood calling for Lu.  Nothing.
So I came home, and told my wife we'd search the SPCA in the morning.  She finished her workout and I started mine about midnight.  So VERY late. I was up until about 3 waiting, hoping the stupid mutt would show up.   The next morning I noticed our remaining dog was out by the back fence and NOT barking, and that something was moving on the other side of the fence. So I got up went to the front door, and who pops up looking very confused?  Lu.  I can only guess that someone held her overnight and then let her go.  Weird.
But I did do a pretty good job "bringing it" on Friday.  Saturday my buddy came into town and we hung out.  We went to Battle: LA.  My allergies (or now that I think about it maybe a cold) were REALLY bad and I was medicated to the gills.  So my Saturday Kempo was, sub-par.  I REALLY dogged it.  I just wanted to go to bed.  But I still put the DVD in and did all the moves.  I just wasn't into it at all.  Worked out then straight to bed.

Tonight is the start of the Phase 2 recovery week.  Hard to believe I've almost finished phase 2.  I'm looking forward to going back to some of the original DVD's and seeing what kind of progress I've made.

No comments: