I'm frustrated and discouraged. I took 30 day pics, but there's no point in posting them. I look exactly the same as my day 1 pics. No noticeable change. Very frustrating. I've been working my ASS off for a month, and I don't have JACK SHIT to show for it. I've lost a whopping 4lbs (So much for that nice weigh in Monday) . BFD. I do the workouts, and I'm sore the next day, and I'm sure I'm putting on a little muscle, but it should would be nice to look in the mirror once and think, Ok, I see why I'm putting myself through this.
I know it's my own damned fault. I'm the one who let myself get fat. I'm the one that eats too much. But damn it. Would it be so much for my body to fucking work with me here?
Two more weeks of school, then it's summer break. Once I'm on break I'm going to re-add biking to my exercise. How damned ridiculous is it than I'm going to have to workout 8 times a week, 1hr a workout (at least) to lose a fricken pound of weight. ARGH!
5 comments:
Hang in there. This is only day 30. A lot of people don't get visible results until day 60 or even 90. Even if you can't see the change, I know you can feel how good this is for you physically and even mentally. All your hard work is paying off I promise. I notice a difference, even if you can't see it in yourself.
I'm so sorry you are frustrated. One thing I've learned for sure is exercise is never enough. You have to definitely think about eating habits. But I bet a 100 percent that when you really start eating right the weight will fall off quickly b/c you have the muscles going for you. And not only that you will really start to see the definition that you already have. I've been very fit at times and just couldn't get the calories under control and I've been very skinny with no muscles. Personally I'm trying to find a balance. But I seem to only be good at handling one at a time.
That was me Angela
To back up what Angela said...
Most places you look say that weight loss is 70% diet and 30% exercise.
Somewhere in my P90X paperwork or maybe on the intro video, it said that this program is not meant for weight loss. Losing weight and building muscle are on the opposite ends of the spectrum. Your body needs fuel to build muscle, and needs less fuel to lose weight. :)
Men gain faster, of course, but I read and heard that it takes like 8 weeks of hard core weight training for a woman to gain like 1.75 pounds of muscle. It's not exactly a fast process. I remember Jillian talking about it on Biggest Loser in response to women being afraid they were going to bulk up by lifting weights.
Speaking of Biggest Loser - those people exercise like 6-8 hours a day for something like 16 weeks and while they look pretty darn good by the finale, they aren't super built. Some of the guys come out with some good looking muscles depending on their body type, but man - they're working out half the day everyday.
So don't be discouraged. Anything you do for your body is good for it. You just have to use more than the scale to see the changes you're making.
Thanks for everyone's comments. I know. I was having a bad day, and I vented here. That's what this is for :)
I'm doing the program, and I know it's more to get in shape than to lose weight. As I said, I'd just like to be able to SEE some of the results.
60 more days to go! Woo.
Post a Comment