Thursday, June 09, 2011

P90X Day 66 - Back & Biceps, and Q&A

Went riding again last night.  Did 22 miles, one mile more than Monday, and only added 2 minutes to our ride. 13mph average moving speed.  Very respectable I think.  Also, burned a ton of calories.  Then I got home, did ab ripper with my wife.  After that, the main workout. Lots of pull-ups and curls.  I SWEAR those bands are shrinking.  It gets harder and harder to pass up the last weeks numbers, but I managed to do well.  Theses "phase 2" workouts are killer.

I'd like to thank everyone who commented.  It's nice to know a few people are still reading this.  I get a few hits looking around at older posts from weird links, so I wonder about those reads though! Ok, on to the Q&A.


25 Days to go. How are you feeling? 
Sore.  Tired.  But I feel very good about this.  I'm feeling a bit lighter, and more energetic.


Are you going to do it all over again?
What is your plan for after day 90?

Yes, once I finish the first cycle I'm going to start the next. Doing the math I'm probably going to need at least 3 cycles to get down to my ideal weight.  I'm not going to have the time to bike 2-3x a week once I start teaching again, so I'm going to TRY to fit in the P90X doubles.  Either way I expect the weight loss to slow down then (end of August) so I'm planning on 3 cycles, then once I'm at my ideal weight, I might slack off a bit, but working out is going to be part of my life from now on.

How are you on your pull ups? R u using bands or do u have a door way pull up bar?
My numbers are way way up from the first week.  We have the doorway pull-up bar, but I'm still too fat to do more than 1.  So we have bands we hook up to the bar.  We use a heavy and a med. band together.  And as I posted, I think either the bands are shrinking a bit, or we've got them hooked up tighter!

Kylarie: Don't beat yourself up.  It's hard.  I tried and failed  last year.  Maybe start small.  Commit to a 15 minute workout 6 days a week and do that for 2 months, without fail.  I REALLY think building the workout habit helps.

Patrick:  Thanks!  Thanks for riding with me too!

Lillian: If you didn't I would be one sad panda!

Dane: Thanks!  I'll be posting all my stats and photos in.....24 days!  Yikes!

Angela: Good to hear!  Things at work have just been getting older since you left. ;)

Well that's all for now folks!  See you tomorrow!

No comments: