Friday, July 08, 2011

P90X Round 2, Day 4 - Cardio X

Another Yoga day substituted with Cardio X.  It was a nice workout.  Wife let ME use the Yoga mat, and that was nice.  Nothing much about the workout to say.

Managed to get REALLY close to my 2.1 lbs loss for the week, so disappointed that I didnt' quite make my goal, but happy that I still managed to get close over a B-day weekend, and a holiday.  Got to eat my special B-day cake, and hang out and party with friends.  And I still managed to control myself, yay!

My wife and I were talking about people changing.  War, war never changes...  and neither do people.  Unless you hit some bottom point in your life and change yourself.  How many times have I tried to lose weight?  How many times have I tried to diet, Atkins, Metabalife?  Many many times.  But something changed this year.  I snapped.  I hit rock bottom emotionally and something in me changed.

Not only have I done 95 days of exercise, but we've changed how we spend money at the same time.  Something I never thought we could do (kick 2 bad habits at once that is).   Until you hit that breaking point, changing yourself is a struggle. But it's a worthwhile struggle none the less.

No comments: